I’m calling it: 2021 is the Year of Love. I’m claiming it for love, something we need way more these days. Love our neighbors, love ourselves, love is love, romantic love, love is where it’s at in 2021. I refuse to have it any other way.
Whether you’re besotted with your partner, want to treat yourself, or celebrate the power and comfort of a true friend’s heart, I invite you into my bubble of love this season of love, this Valentine’s Day. Check out these groovy options for celebrating nothing but love. If you are a last-minute planner, I have your back! Make sure to check pre-order dates–this is coming in just under the wire.
I’m choosing to share take home options, as I’m still *that* girl, quarantining and restless until I get that sweet vaccine. Many of these spots also have in-person options, but I’ll leave that up to you to discover. Of course these beautiful local restaurants, always good choices for a special occasion or date night out, have some great options for Valentine’s Day.
Peace, love, and happy feasting, y’all.
Ariana Quant, the Executive Pastry Chef of the Uchi restaurants, has curated a box of sexy, sugary delights for $70.
- Passion fruit Marshmallows
- Pâte de fruit strawberry guava
- Chocolate Nougat Currants, pistachio, cherry
- Chocolate Bon Bon strawberry, ruby chocolate
- Chocolate Bon Bon raspberry, feuilletine
- Blueberry Dragées white chocolate, hibiscus
To order from Uchiko, call (512) 916-4808 between 3:30 PM-close. Pre-order by February 11. Both Uchi and Uchiko are also offering Valentine’s caviar boxes and To-Gomakases as well!
Rosedale Kitchen and Bar
Chef Janelle Richards is going to make this easy for you. Order a yummy Valentine’s dinner featuring for pickup or delivery, and add on a bouquet of flowers with cocktail pairings or wine. One stop shopping! The Valentine’s To-Go Menu for Two will include a beautiful dinner featuring Sea Bass, Filet Mignon, and Lobster Parmesan Orzo alongside wine and cocktail options and flower bouquets. Dinner is $95, pre-order here by February 11.
Buenos Aires Café, Este
This delightful east side staple has a few offerings for Valentine’s Day dinner, wine, and sweets. Pre-order by February 11 for pick up/delivery on February 13th.
Lovers Dinner for 2, $100
- Citrus & herb stuffed whole Branzino en papillote
- Purple turnips and fingerling potatoes
- Side of caramelized fennels and organic field greens
- Dessert TBA
- Dinner comes with light assembly instructions.
- Add Ons: Strawberry Bouquet $25, Sparkling – Alma Brut $56, A Lisa Malbec – Patagonia $55
A dozen chocolate covered fresh strawberries. Beautifully packaged. Add Ons: Sparkling – Alma Brut $56, Brut Rose – Colonia Las Liebres $55
34th Street Cafe
Chef Kirsten Blessing has put together two menus to choose from. Pre-order by February 10 at noon.
Menu 1 for 2 people, $135
- Love My Muhammara Dip with Pita Chips, Carrots, Spicy Olives, Celery Hearts, Sugar Snaps
- Smoked Beef Tenderloin with Spicy Romesco Sauce
- Scalloped Potatoes/Steamed Asparagus and Butternut Squash
- Valentine iced cookies/Flourless Chocolate Heart-Shaped cake with red Icing
- 750ml bottle Pink Sparkling Rosé
Menu 2 for 2 people, $120
- Triple Cream Brie Cheese with spicy apricot and cranberry chutney, crostini & flatbread, red grapes, and strawberries
- Hot Smoked King Salmon with tomato relish and lemon dill creme fráiche
- Shaved Brussels with honey, lemon, olive oil, and capers
- Smashed New Red Potatoes with rosemary sea salt
- Heart Shaped iced cookies/Lemon Curd with raspberries
- 750ml bottle Pink Sparkling Rosé
Easy Tiger has opened more locations, including their South Lamar spot, and they also offer delivery, making it easier to participate. All month, order a giant heart-shaped pretzel ($7 each) or a cookie tin of Valentine’s cookies (raspberry rose sandwich cookies and raspberry chocolate shortbread) ($25). Order from Easy Tiger’s Month of Love menu for pickup or delivery here.
Sala & Betty
Chef Teresa Wilson, in honor of the restaurant’s 6th anniversary on February 14th, has created two fantastic options for Valentine’s Day dinner. These sound delicious and are a great bang for your buck! Call 512-645-0214 to pre-order by February 14th at noon, pick up between 5:30-7:30 on Valentine’s Day.
Choose one item from each course, 3 courses for $50/person and 4 courses for $55/person:
- First course: Grilled Oysters with Bacon, Parsley, and Lemon Butter OR Goat Cheese Tourte with Frisse, Lemon, Thyme, and Roasted Tomatoes OR Louisiana Crab Cakes with Creole Sauce
- Second course: Avocado, Radishes, Cucumbers, and Arugula with Chili Basil Honey Vinaigrette OR Shrimp Bisque
- Main course: Pomegranate Roasted Pork Chop with Sweet Potato, Fennel, Parsnip Melody OR Asian Grilled Short Ribs with Scallion Macadamia Rice, and Ginger Spiced Kohlrabi OR Salmon with Brussels Sprouts, Chorizo, and Saffron Hot Wax Pepper Butter OR Italian Mushroom Hash, with Spring Onion, Farro, and Asparagus
- Dessert: Banana Pudding with Crème Baumaniere OR Red Velvet Cupcake with Chocolate Covered Strawberries OR Raspberry Cheesecake with Brandy Orange Sauce
- Maca Love Bites For All
Chef Chen is whipping up some of his authentic Chinese favorites to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year. In addition to the regular Wu Chow Dinner Menu, enjoy dishes such as Wok Tossed Spicy Lobster or Ginger Scallion Whole Lobster, Duck Gua Bao, and other traditional inspired dishes, available until sold out.
The full takeout and delivery menus will also be available all weekend with wine, beer, and Tiki cocktails to-go. Pricing varies, based on selection. Order here.
Con’ Olio Oils & Vinegar
Virtual Valentine’s Day Class: Olive You More/Valentine’s Olive Oil + Balsamic Vinegar 101
Get ready for a an ultra-sensory experience in this special Olive You More Valentine’s Day Class as Con’ Olio’s owner, Tabatha Conarko guides you through a unique tasting of a select extra virgin olive oils and aged balsamic vinegars that enhance the pairings. Learn how to taste and pair with your favorite cheese, fruit and chocolate.
Explore the senses as you note the differences in color, taste and smell and learn to recognize balance and acidity. Pairing plate includes a Con’ Olio Berry Salad, sourdough bread and banana Nutella cookie from Thoroughbread, Antonelli’s prosciutto. Mt Tam Triple Cream Cheese, Amy’s Ice Cream and a can of Rambler Sparkling Water. The class is Feb 14 at 6 PM. Option to add a demi-bottle of owner’s choice white or red bottle. Purchase class here.
Always a favorite, Delysia has a few unique options to choose from. Order by Feb. 10 to ensure delivery by Valentine’s Day, or pick up at Delysia by February 13. Chocolatier-in-charge, Nicole Patel, always creates her chocolates with such creativity and care, paying mind to the smells, tastes, and texture of each tiny, goodness-packed creation. Patel makes special boxes for each season and holiday, and she has gone all out for Valentine’s 2021.
I’m liking the sound of the Goddess of Love 16-piece truffle collection, with almond honey fig chocolate truffles, raspberry rose petal hibiscus chocolate truffles, pomegranate strawberry chocolate truffles, and spiced wine berry chocolate truffles. She also has created signature 9-piece boxe for only $25.95 apiece. Try the Lover’s collection with rose petal chocolate truffles, red velvet chocolate truffles, and strawberry brut chocolate truffles. Order here.
Alamo Drafthouse is always so fun, and they have really stepped up with their Alamo On Demand virtual movie experiences at home. Dinner and a movie is the classic date, after all. Throw in a cool puzzle, and some fancy pants champagne flutes for toasting, and you’re all set.
Check out the XOXO Alamo Date Night Package via Alamo Curbside: dinner (including pizza) and an on demand movie, a bottle of sparkling wine, two limited-edition XOXO, Alamo champagne glasses, and a Mondo puzzle for $100. They also offer a booze-free package for $75. Order here.
Happy Year of Love, y’all! I’m off to order goodies for friends and extra treats for my dog!
How are you spending your day of love?